Deadline: May 15, 2020
This can be completed and submitted entirely online...check it out!
These scholarships are one-time grants, designed to assist students pursuing further education. The scholarships are intended to recognize outstanding graduating seniors at Huntingtown High School.
Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of their success, perseverance, dedication, service, leadership and academic achievement.
To be considered for a scholarship, a student must meet the following criteria:
1. AP Government. Applicant must be a 12th-grade student in good standing at Huntingtown High School, who has successfully completed AP Government. The applicant’s record will be verified by their former AP Government teacher after submission of the application.
2. Academic Achievement. Student must have a minimum cumulative high school grade point average (through the end of the current third quarter) of 80% on a 100% scale. The applicant’s GPA will be verified by his/her guidance counselor after submission of the application.
3. Rho Kappa Club Membership. Student must be a current member of the HHS Rho Kappa Honor Society.
4. Higher Education. Student must plan to enroll in a 4 year institution of higher learning and must plan to major in a Social Science..
5. Financial Need. Financial need is not a consideration.
6. Application Form. Student must complete and submit the application on the prescribed form to the Social Studies Core Lead on or before May 15,, 2020
7. Attachments. Student must provide a resume and an essay of their choice which best demonstrates their strengths and attributes, or additional information the committee would benefit from knowing.
FORMS MUST BE RETURNED TO THE CORE LEAD BY May 15, 2020 This application can be download, edited and submitted completely online. Upon completing the application form and associated essay, please email both, along with a resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview. The Scholarship Committee will set up interviews if needed. You will be contacted by the scholarship committee if an interview is required.
Submissions should include a resume, the application form and an essay.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and the closing of schools across Maryland and Washington, D.C., Miss Utility/District One Call is extending the deadline of its annual college scholarship program to FRIDAY, MAY 29, 2020. We would also like to reiterate that we accept unofficial transcripts. If you do not currently have access to students’ transcripts, please let us know. We understand that it is a difficult time, and we want to ensure that students still have access to funds that will help them as they prepare for their college careers.
To submit the Miss Utility/District One Call Scholarship application online, click here. If interested in submitting the application by mail in its entirety, please find a traditional application attached but ignore the April deadline.
Miss Utility/District One Call will select eight graduating high school seniors from Maryland and Washington, D.C., to each receive a $1,008.11 single-year scholarship. Applications will be accepted until May 29, 2020. Scholarship recipients will be notified in June 2020.
To be eligible, applicants must be on track to graduate from a Maryland or Washington, D.C., high school in spring 2020 and intend to enroll in an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or technical school beginning in fall 2020.
The Miss Utility/District One Call Scholarship requires applicants to submit the following:
Application forms and attachments must be submitted or postmarked by May 29, 2020. For mail-in entry, please submit the application to:
MGH for Miss Utility/District One Call
Attn: Gabriella Tancona
100 Painters Mill Road, Suite 600
Owings Mills, MD 21117
If you have any questions, please contact Gabriella Tancona at email@example.com or call (410) 902-5025.
The Miss Utility/District One Call Scholarship Program Committee
www.leapforwardinc.org Under NEWS
High School Seniors and Current College Students May Apply
All Applications due April 3, 2020
Deadline: April 6, 2020
The 2019-20 application is available - March 2nd up until 12 Noon on April 3rd
Must be postmarked no later than: May 1, 2020
Check back often to keep informed and up to date!