This scholarship was established to promote the higher education of students who attended Beach Elementary School. The scholarship is funded by the Beach Elementary School PTA.
Amount of scholarship $500!
DEADLINE: May 10th
On RAMP to STEM Scholarships STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Full-time scholarship for fall 2017 to attend Montgomery College!
Application Deadline for fall 2017 is May 15, 2017.
For consideration, FAFSA must be complete and on file with Financial Aid by May 15,
2017 Students majoring in life sciences, biotechnology, or mathematics or students with an interest in the interdisciplinary nature of biosciences should apply! www.montgomerycollege.edu/onramp
Support from the National Science Foundation
Delta Kappa Gamma Scholarships
The Epsilon Chapter of Delta Kappa Gamma Society International is offering two scholarships, one for $1000.00 and the second in the amount of $700.00 to members of the graduating class in our region who wish to pursue a career in the field of education. The applicants must plan to attend a school in the state of Maryland.
Application deadline: May 1, 2017
The Windy Hill Middle School PTSA is offering a $500 scholarship to a graduating senior in Calvert County who went to WHMS during their academic career. The scholarship was established to promote the higher education of students who attended Windy Hill Middle School.
Scholarship will be awarded by the WHMS PTSA Board of Directors based on the following criteria:
1. Academic achievement
2. Extra-curricular activities
3. Community involvement
4. Quality of essay
Please find attached the application which is due back by May 12, 2017.
2017 Scholarship Application
$1000 Awarded Annually
DEADLINE: Friday, May 5, 2017
Purpose: To provide scholarship assistance to eligible African American Calvert County high school graduates to participate in post-secondary education.
1. Applicant must be an African American Student and a member in good standing of the current graduating class of Calvert, Huntingtown, Northern, or Patuxent High Schools;
2. Student must have maintained a 2.0 or better grade point average over the last two (2) years of high school (official transcript must be included);
3. Recipients of the award must be accepted by an accredited two (2) or four (4) year college and must use the award toward tuition and room/board;
4. The scholarship award is for one (1) year only and will not be renewable. However, if the student maintains a “B” average during the freshman year (transcript must be provided by June 30 of the following year), a monetary donation will be awarded during the sophomore year;
5. Applicant must submit “Letter(s) of Acceptance” from the institution(s) where admission is sought;
6. Scholarship will be paid directly to college or university.
The Selection Committee will consider the following criteria:
1. Financial/economic need;
2. Character and conduct;
3. Participation in school and community activities;
4. Attributes of good citizenship;
5. Academic achievements;
6. Goals and objectives of the student;
8. Ability to work with others;
9. Evidence of part-time employment.
Letters of Recommendations
Three (3) letters of recommendation are required with each application, two (2) from a school official, counselor or teacher and one (1) from a member of the community who knows the applicant outside of school.
Please see the link below for eligibility, criteria for selection and MORE information....
Sabre Systems, Inc. will award one (1) $1,500 non-renewable scholarship to a high school senior who meets the eligibility criteria listed in the attached Sabre Stem Scholarship Program Description.
Among other criteria, the Sabre STEM scholarship is limited to those applicants pursuing a degree in, or closely related to, one of the following STEM disciplines:
2017 Sabre STEM Scholarship Application Instructions
The Port Tobacco Players Memorial Scholarship offers two scholarships of $1000 each to High School Seniors involved in the performing arts, living in Counties of Charles, St. Mary's or Calvert, and graduating this spring. Details of the application process are found below.
Deadline for the application is May 1, 2017.
Check back often to keep informed and up to date!